Wednesday 11 July 2012

Case histories - Kate Atkinson



We say: ****

Another book done.
I have read Kate's "Behind the scenes..." and "Human crocket" but when i got to "emotionally weird" I was worn out.
It was heavy prose, with quite a lot of presumed stuff. Hard work.
(i will get round to the other ones soon, need to dig them out of the shelves for a new purpose)

So I saw this one on telly first.
Mother in law recommended it.
And Brody frankly looked to sexy for his boots and i wanted to know if his book character would live up to the tv persona.

It was great.
Nicely crafted plot with a believable storyline connecting all the three stories.
The ending slightly annoyed me though.
Did he really need to go on holidays with the mad sisters? Also, the psychopath Michelle......did she get away with it? I sincerely hope not. I know she didn't do the killing in the first place but she has disaster written all over....

I shall be reading the other 4, bear with me for the reports....

No comments:

Post a Comment