Wednesday 20 June 2012

One hundred years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez



We say: *****

I am lucky.
This is my blog. (our blog.....sorry Emma!)
So i am reviewing all my favourite books. And the one I read recently and really annoyed me (http://andrewsreads.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/we-say-what-wishy-washy-book-this-is.html)
For now that is.
I have about 20 years back catalogue to talk about in here....lets start as you mean to go right?

One hundred years of solitude is up there on the top favourites of all time.
Once again, i read it in its original Spanish so can't vouch for the translation into whatever language you want to read it in.
That is the reason why I learn a new language actually.
But I think it sort of ruined my hope of the perfect love. Of the live and breathe romance.
I mean, who will go to such extents to secure my love?
How come I am not right now on a boat down river Avon, up and down until death do us part?

It makes you cry, it makes you smile it ruins you with romantic aspirations for life.
It is so beautifully crafted that you simply don't want it to end.

I have ALL the other Garcia Marquez books and this one is simply the best.
I'll review the others in due course.
Beware of the wind my friends........


No comments:

Post a Comment